Prolly couldn't afford to buy it, no sir ... Too Much Magic Bus! lol
HOWEVER, for a limited time --- you can buy a CHANCE to win this bus. (roger daltrey not included) (kinda like that coveted Barbie car ... figure NOT included!) :o)
Here's the wheel deal:
To launch a week of hugely successful concerts at the Royal Albert Hall in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust, The Who announced a worldwide competition with a fabulous prize: a unique Volkswagen T1 Panel Van from 1965.
The iconic "Magic Bus", generously donated by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, has been signed by Roger Daltrey CBE, Patron of TCT, and Pete Townshend. The branding has been lovingly designed by thewho.com's Art Director, Richard Evans, and features the band's target logo plus iconic images of the original four band members (Pete, Roger, John Entwistle and Keith Moon).
Please dig deep and fork out a fiver (£5 Sterling, which is about $10 US) per ticket, each of which gives you a chance to win this Magic Bus and helps the TCT to build more cancer units dedicated to the needs of teenage sufferers.
Check it out at The WhoGet a load of Pete in *this* one! lol


14 comments:
ooh, the bus and Roger, oolala, but Pete thrown in would be the cherry! What a great cause, I contributed in 2002 when I flew over the pond to the RAH for the last Trust Concert with John. 2 nights, amazing. I actually scalped the tix from over here and wasn't raked over the coals like over here!! A very different concert scene too. A well worth trip and cause.
Great post Tink :)
ps could you please tell me what :o) emoticon means?
xox
I wan'it
I wan'it
I wan'it!
So do I!
I can't believe it...I only bought 5 tickets and I won!
Just kidding!
Rob
It's a beaut, that's for sure.
I love VWs.
Tink....I still think of the movie "Hook" when Peter Pan is looking for Tink, in the end when he falls from Neverland, and his tech friend calls, and he says see what it really feels like to really fly and throws the cell phone...such a magical movie.....I have a silver Tink necklace my Aunt bought me from disneyland, and a vintage Tink gem necklace from "65 ish. So tell me, where did Tink come from? you can e - mail if it is private.
Heya Grace! It sure would be a wild ride to win that baby! This little emoticon :o) is a little smiley face with a little button nose. :o) Tinkerbell was my favorite character, too. However, this "nickname" came from a friend back in about 1992. It was from a book called "One" by Richard Bach. That "Tink" was sort of like an "idea fairy" in the cosmos. It sort of stuck. :o)
I wish you could win it Dale You'd look great behind the wheel, revving up and down those mountains!
Hi Hans I wish that you could win it too. If it becomes a wildly popular contest, maybe they'll do another. I would imagine it might be cheaper to ship it to you than to one of us in the U.S. .. but not 100% sure on that!
hahaahhaaha Rob It could happen! It would be very useful for gigs!
I know Lucy hard to imagine *how* they did that paint job. It looks beautiful.
Well, for whoever wins ... here's a toast! May the winds forever be at your Whovey's back. I couldn't think of a good name for it. Whovey. hm.
:o)
Cool...I too had wondered about the origins of the name Tink. Good question Grace!
In case you are wondering where Rob comes from Grace...It is short for Robert. It has nothing to do with stealing or anything like that. Just wanted to clear that up before some nasty rumor starts. LOL!
cool, thanks Tink! And Thnx Rob, I would never start a nasty rumor! But now I know for sure :) :)
Hi Tink, I send you my love and prayers for your brother. I had no idea. enjoy every minute you have with him. xo
lol .. Rob International Man of Mystery. It could work.
:o)
Thanks, Grace for your love, prayers, and wishes for my brother. One of his daughter's had her senior (high school) prom this weekend, so he was able to enjoy that moment! We just pray/wish that he has some relatively pain-free, restful days ahead. Thanks, again. :o)
xo
Aw... tink.
Thinking of you and your brother.
And how's your mom doing?
All my best,
Lucy.
Tink,
I hope this gives you a small chuckle.
When I type (into google) "tink weirdwagon" it replies:
"Did you mean: think windwagon?"
LOL
Awww .. thanks Lucy for the thoughts. Mom is doing fine!
Yes ... the windwagon ... LOL
Post a Comment