Clown-costume suspects charged in Mexico heist
AP Fri Oct 9, 1:04 am ET
MEXICO CITY – They aren't laughing now.
Prosecutors in western Mexico say they have filed robbery charges against two alleged members of a gang of thieves blamed for a "clown jewels" caper.
The gang — some of whose members dressed up in clown costumes — burst into a jewelry store in the western city of Guadalajara on July 26 and made off with at least 1.2 million pesos ($900,000) worth of booty. The clown costumes were later found abandoned in a car.
In an announcement issued Thursday, the prosecutor's office in the state of Jalisco says two of six suspects have been caught and charged while a third has been detained pending investigation.
It says one of the suspects confessed to being the one of the men behind the masks, seeking the "clown jewels."
Here's what the AP writer was just dying to add but couldn't because it would be ... well ... clown journalism! :o)
Jalisco prosecuters have organized a major crimes task force composed of two officers who will, under cover of gaudy outfits, infiltrate the "Clown Jewel" Gang. Inspector Jorge Jesus Kelly stated the cost of organizing the task force "won't cost much" because they can re-use the clown costumes left behind in the miniature get-away car.
[Task Force members seen here, clowning it up for the cameras]

The Task Force hopes to utilize the services of Pepe-lito, the K9 Wonder from Sausalito, to sniff out the 3 suspects who remain at large. Jorge Jesus Kelly of the Jalisco persecutor's office stated "He works cheap, for chorizo, so my mother will provide these things."

A large footprint taken from the latest crime scene indicates that the alleged perpetrator's shoe would look something like this:

Inspector Kelly reminds citizens to be on guard, as the suspects may be armed with water-squirting flowers and big foam noodles.
Okay, enough clowning around. Back to work for me!


12 comments:
Ha Ha Ha! That is so funny, Tink!
I love your wit!
The shoe is priceless.
xx
lol lol lol
A good clown story every so often does wonders for my dark side.
LOL!
LOL Great clown story Tink!! Love the little chihauha :)
Miniature get-away car. LOL
The shoe's probably bigger than the car.
Did you hear about the shoot-out in that Toledo bar? Funny, I didn't even know about it until I caught it on Fox news. Must've missed a few days of local news...
Eek. Hope they catch the creeps.
P.S. The gangs've already got the clown pants down pat: hanging off their butts.
Grace, I *knew* you would love that little dog. :o) He looks so forlorn and yet so angry that his people put him in that ridiculous outfit. lol I did not hear about a shoot out in Toledo. Holy Toledo! Where's Batman when ya need him? Hanging around in Gotham, probably. :o)
You said about the saggy pants. I can't stand pants like that. They just look stoopid.
It was a very fun live chat today. Hope you're feeling good this week, Lucy, and have no breathing problems.
p.s. gotta love Lucy's new profile photo!
hehe Tink. I use that sometimes, Holy Toledo! He has the look of , omg, take this off of me NOW!!
love your new profile photo too. You and Lucy switching it up!!
I am feeling better today Tink (sorry to worry you!). I really am convinced it's all a hormone thing. D*** those hormones (or lack thereof... ) (Yesterday ALL I wanted to do was sleep.)
But a clown story always helps!
;-)
Hey, it's always good to clown around if it doesn't do harm. Great story. Thanks for the laugh.
Hi Tink, did you see in the news that Tinkerbell is getting a new look?
Hope you are having a good week.
I know Grace .. that poor doggy looks humiliated!
Lucy, I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Hormonal fluctuation sucks, no doubt.
Hi Lesley, glad you had a chuckle. Seriously, robbery must be horrible and frightening to the victims. I hope they do capture the perpetrators. :o)
I had not heard that Grace. I hope they don't treat her like they did Barbie! :o)
xo
come by...I have a bird post today.
Happy mOnday.
Post a Comment