6/23/07

Ultimate Retrieval - or the Spirit of Keith Moon LIVES!

Fellow blogger Lucy made a comment on the now infamous PT Blog about people being the only ones neurotic enough to require a purpose. But, after some thought, realized that this could easily apply to our friend, the Dog - some of whom become extremely "mental" - neurotic - without purpose.
Meet CHARLIE - the chocolate Lab. Who proves Lucy's point quite well! To owners of this beautiful breed, please remember that they have inherent and unstoppable need to be in, around, part of the WATER. :o)
By Associated Press
Fri Jun 22, 11:15 PM

SAGLE, Idaho - Bad dog. Charlie the black lab drove his owner's car into the Pend Oreille River. As Mark Ewing walked home Wednesday evening after returning from picking up a pizza, Charlie jumped into the car through an open window, and apparently knocked the vehicle into gear.

"He somehow got the car into neutral," Ewing said. "My car just went boom, down an incline and into the drink."
Ewing could only watch as his Chevy Impala sank into the river. No dummy, Charlie jumped out of the window as the car went downhill.

"There's nothing weirder than looking at your car cruising down your driveway when you're not in it and seeing your dog jump out and then watching your car go splash," Ewing said.
Actually, things got a little weirder when the tow truck driver showed up.

Before the driver dove into the water to hook the car up to his truck, he asked Ewing to hold his dentures.

"My car's in the drink, I've got dentures in my hand and this guy Keith ... goes swimming," Ewing noted.
LOL! This is where I completely thought of KEITH MOON. Yessir.






















Sit! Boo-Boo, Sit! Good Dog!!! Remember the famous words of the "Walkies!" Lady --- "There are no bad dogs." Only "bad" owners.

9 comments:

Dale said...

Oh, Tink this is classic!

I love the photo - reminds me of a road sign I saw in the back country yesterday.

"Caution
Slow
Road has been altered..."

I was looking at it, trying to figure out what it meant, when we came across a huge water bar about 2 feet deep dug across the dirt road.

My teeth are my own.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tink, thanx again for your sweet lines on my bloggie! Husband went to Tel Aviv for a couple of days, and I found myself waisting my time completely, doing nothing but waiting for his return. Not smart, but what the heck.
Love the sign post picture in this post! Do you understand the Dutch lines, of course you do, but they must be South African or sth., 'cos the grammar s**ks big time..! Translated back to English it would go like: "Danger at your head. Fasten your girdles. Remove artists teeth".

Dale said...

LOL Noces!!

PDBT said...

I love this post!
But I thought it was 'sit, UBU, sit, good dog!' ... because the companies initials were UBU...

perhaps I am wrong
it's like when people sing the incorrect song lyrics, right?

Love ya, Tink

-Lin

Tink said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
You guys are funnier than the post!! lol lol lol lol

It was UBU! I've been say "Sit, Boo-boo, Sit! my whole life, sortof. LOL ... I TOLD you I was the Yogi Berra of Blogging!

lol

I'm glad your teeth stayed intact, Dale! lol

I like: FASTEN YOUR GIRDLES! That way all my fat rolls would not give me a concussion!

You guys are a riot. Oh Noces, the translation just could *not* be funnier.

xo Tink

Dale said...

I thought it was ubu, too..

grace said...

yes, there are no bad dogs, only bad owners!! spot on!!

Suesjoy said...

OMG that is hilarious!!!
hee hee.
thanks for making me laugh, Tink!
xx

Lucy said...

Cute story, tink..

And you're SO right about dogs needing a purpose in life too. Tell that to David Nobbs (who wrote the Reginald Perrin books in which the quote is found: "Man is the only animal neurotic enough to need a purpose in life")