
One who is looking for a reward is smaller than the reward;
One who has renounced a thing has risen above it.
-- Hazrat Inayat Khan
51 years on Earth today. Taking time to reflect, be thankful for simple joys and moments, thankful for soft rain and gentle lessons, and for the people who enrich my soul. All of you ~*~


14 comments:
Happy Birthday again Tink!! And thanks for the explanations. Something always happens when I'm away.
XO
Zoe
Enjoy The Lifehouse when you get it. it is brilliant.
Many many happy returns. Hope you a fine day and on.
Perhaps I should say 'S dniom rozdeniya!'
take care
Paul
Yeah, happy happy!!!!
I guess I'd rather be 27 but what can you do, right?
Sully
Hi there Tink!
Happy, happy Birthday!! I hope you had a fantastic day.
xx
Happy Birthday, Tink!! (I have a half hour left, technically!)
Hope it was a good one. Without any fear...
Ah, Lifehouse. I read that about 6 months ago (a library copy). I still need to get my own. I ADORED it. Pete's such an incredibly sensitive and perceptive writer. (as IF we didn't know!!) And funny... he has a real sense for the comi-tragic.
My favorite part of that book is the reference to "the given-up coat". You'll see...
ENJOY! (I hate that expression)
- Lucy. :-)
P.S. Tink, you've enriched many others' lives too...
cool, smart and unique woman, you.
(oh yeah, and funny as hell!)
Wow! You guys are too kind! I thank you kindly. I had a wonderful day. My sister and mom surprised me with a 6 hour pummeling at a day spa. I was stripped, rinsed, kneaded, pummeled, kneaded, painted, kneaded, pummeled, steamed, baked, and at the sixth hour, I rose like a steaming loaf of challah bread without raisins.
What a treat. After about 3 hours, though, I was ready to go home and not be pampered. It was very foreign. I would go back for 2 things: The facial and the foot massage. OMG. It was heaven.
I can't wait for Lifehouse to arrive. As a birthday bonus, I also ordered the BAM cd. Excitement!
Zoe Muddywagon? I love it! lol The spa ladies would have you stripped, showered, and painted a rainbow of colors before you could get your wheels moving toward the door.
Paul! You had me doing a Rasputin scramble for the Russian dictionary. lol I don't really speak the language, but had toyed with the idea of such about 20 years ago. It can be almost musical and I love hearing it spoken. If I were ever in Russia, here's what I'd probably end up with while desperately searching for a toilet:
Moio sudno na vozdušnoy poduške polno ugrey!
For the lovely note and sweet birthday wishes: spasibo!
Yep Sully Time marches on with or without our consent! Aging is mandatory? :o) Hope your day today is a happy one!
Lovely Grace Thank you. It really was lovely. My family had prepared a fairyland in the apt. when I arrived home. We had Chinese takeout (My favorite.) I've not had so much fuss made over me since I told Sister Margaret Mary, in 1st grade, that she was sort of smelly.
Eternal Lucy You made it under the wire! Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I can't wait for the book. It's always exciting to me to have a new book arrive. It's like anticipating birth. I agree. Pete's sense of humor and comic timing is quite good! Truly. "Enjoy" ... why do you hate that expression? It's appropos! Books are like soul food to me. So, it made sense that way. ;o) You're too kind. I hope hell is half as funny as you think I am. lol
Thank you again for the beautiful wishes and for being blogger "pals." You made my day!
xo Tink
HAPPY (Belated) BIRTHDAY TINK!!!!
Thank you for your kind comments.
Lots of love,
Suexxxxxxxxxx
Glad to hear it was a good one Tink!
Awww ... thank you (((((Sue)))))
I read your "happy" post today, but ran out of time to comment! I'll be back. ;o)
Hiya there Vally! Thank you. It was an amazing day in many ways! If everyone could stop for a moment or two and help Vallyp ??
Her latest blog post informs us that her brain has been lost. I noticed Koos has the headlamp out. We're all searching. Lend a hand if you have a sec?
Thank you.
:o)
Here's a post-birthday hello to you, tink.
Why do I hate the word Enjoy? Well, OK -- let's just say I've gotten used to it. I used to hate it, all by itself, hanging there. Nothing against the word itself, it's just so commanding sounding all by itself. Like, "you MUST enjoy." It needs an object. "Enjoy". (Enjoy WHAT??)
That's all. But I've gotten used to it, alas... and it's made its way into my everyday speech...
Your birthday sounded HEAVENLY. Glad it was as wonderful as it sounded. :-) Glad you enjoyed IT. (see, doesn't that sound better than if I said, "Glad you enjoyed.")
Ahh ... thanks Lucy! I understand what you mean now. Yes, it's sort of command-ish. As a matter of fact .. do you remember the Linda Richman character from SNL? Mike Murphy's Linda? Like buttah! When I read that word "ENJOY," it's her voice I hear saying it. LOL
So, that definitely jibes with what you think about it!
Yeah, I remember Ms. Richman! Ha ha!
Hey Tink -- I'm so bad. I've been blogging. Surfing. Getting finger blisters...
Look at this cool site I just found -- I wanted to share it with you:
Right now I'm listening to Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. Rocks!
(oops, goofy link up there. I used to hate when I did that on Pete's blog!!) (I'd blush!)
Anyway, the website's called Musicovery.
"I want my MTV... "
(remember when MTV used to be IT?)
Post a Comment