1/18/10

So close, yet so far ..



Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction of evil--hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars--must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength To Love, 1963.

How far we are still.





















We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~

Yah! And I think it's this one:

!

8 comments:

Lannio said...

This wonderful post and words of Martin Luther King Jr. reminds me of a speech I once heard by one of Canada's most celebrated Canadian astronaut's, Marc Garneau. He said that when he was circumventing the beautiful tiny ball out his front window called Earth he really questioned why we have wars, prejudice and hate amongst ourselves. What he recalled to us was a sight of wonderful beauty and wished all these negative things could be eliminated.

I agree, lets celebrate our planet and celebrate our differences and our similarities.

Lucy said...

I feel humbled, Tink. Here I was with the day off (spent it in Columbus with my daughter, just a fun day trip)... but you actually bother to honor the day.

Very nice. :)

Dale said...

Equilibrium

grace said...

beautiful. I love the last photo. We ARE in the same boat..

I spent the day dodging downpours, loading firewood, playing with june and summer on the rain breaks. We need the rain, but, now I remember why I dislike the rain soooooooooooo muuuuuuuch!!

Lucy said...

Guess what Tink?

I stayed home from work today (long story, back, very DOWN day, etc... ) and so I decided to start reading The Shack. Whoa. I'm up to Chapter Six now, A Piece of Pi....

Thanks again for it. I'm blown away by certain aspects of it that all feel so "familiar."

Hope you and the kids are well this week.

- Lucy xo

Anonymous said...

I am to a great extent impressed with the article I have just read. I wish the writer of ray222.wordpress.com can continue to provide so much practical information and unforgettable experience to ray222.wordpress.com readers. There is not much to state except the following universal truth: The volume of the music coming from inside a car is inversely proportional to the quality of what's being played. I will be back.

Tink said...

Sorry to have been so absent!

Thank you all for the great comments. Marc Garneau had some great thoughts Lesley. I think we all get caught up myriad microcosms of daily life and don't always remember to sit back, breathe, and try to grasp the bigger picture. Equilibrium for certain Dale! Boats throw me off it for certain. It takes some work for 2 people to keep balance in a small vessel. lol It's hard to think, Grace, that the last past here was around the rainy time out there. Yikes. Was that a month ago already?? Lucy! I'm so happy the book is having an impact! Hope your back if 100% SOON! Now Anon ... Yes. Bass sucks at times. Now, gimme a dollar!

Tink said...

Sorry ... typobonanza for me lately!