

Lotsa coal, few diamonds. Just the other day, someone told me I'm in the coal category of people. It was not a compliment. ouch. lol. However, each chunk of matter has intrinsic value. I may never reach diamond status in anyone else's eyes - but that's their value judgment and that's life. I'll keeping "pressing" [ha-ha] on. A problem in only searching for the "diamonds" among people is that we often miss the beauty of transformation as well as the emerald or ruby sitting right in front of one's nose. And sometimes we miss the fact that what we search for is what we strive to be or attain within ourselves. And sometimes it's simply a way to avoid certain types of responsibility in life and its inherent interdependence with others.
And maybe sometimes the diamond was right there all along - but our own projections of self reflected back to us. That reminds me of my own children. Our youngest boy is severely autistic and he is the closest you'll ever find to the Hope Diamond of people. Most would not see him that way. But it's because of their own shallow notions. I believe the soul purpose of *some* autistic people is to teach us more about ourselves and our spirit connection to the "All" than can even be imagined right now. People need to prepare for great changes to not only this Earth but to those who are really leading us in Soul and Spirit. Did you ever see a "flawed" diamond as a beam of light hit it? It adds a different dimension to the play of reflection. That refraction of rainbow prism can fill an entire room with astounding color and great beauty, and that rare treat occurs *only* because of the "flaw" within. And maybe searching for the "diamonds" is only a veiled shallowness of self. I don't really know. But, I do know that when someone you respected puts you in the coal lump category - it requires some reflection. However, the coal sorter best be sure they're reflecting as a diamond before tending the bin. Sort of like saying who is "saint" and who is "sinner." We best be sure we're sitting in a saint's sandals before we pronounce a judgment. We don't have to be around someone, we don't have to like someone, but it's just best not to judge another in this fashion. Actually, according to the Sacred Symbols of The Ancients - I *am* of the diamond path by birth. hmph.
Coal is a very useful substance. No doubt. Charcoal is an important medium to some artists. It's also a great campfire starter. Personally, I'd take the bin of coal, enjoy the suprises of discovery, and leave the diamonds with the Mother Earth where they belong. But thanks, anyway, to the "Saint" who made the remark this week. It was inspirational as it turns out. And on that note - here's to the Campfire Girls of America [I was one ! ] We learned to use charcoal as well as kindling for campfires. Here was a refrain from one of our songs:
Sing around the campfire,
Meet the moon above,
Sing Wo-He-Lo
Sing Wo-He-Lo
Work, Health, Love


No comments:
Post a Comment