9/27/07

Where He?


MySpace Pete has gone *poof* too. Photographs and memories ....
However, back by popular demand is the Towsers Treasures Store on e-bay. The charity auction by Pete Townshend and Rachel Fuller. Proceeds to benefit animal charities of their choosing. Naysayers beware. Pete gives enormously to people charities as well. Tut-tut! While the bidding has gone well beyond my means, it is still fun to view and cheer on the high bidders. I do miss Pete's presence on his Internet venues. As do many. On the extremely odd and infinitesimal chance that you might stop by for a cuppa and a chat, you're missed and loved - Pete.
But. LOOK! A new Who website with promises of many treats to come.

23 comments:

grace said...

Hello Tink,

I hear ya on the Towsers Treasures, it is fun, and it sure would be nice to own one of the priceless treasures, b ut it well exceeds my budget. Bummer, hope it is going to true fans and not collectors who are going to turn around and resell for more profit.

But all $ do go to Rachel's Charity for dogs, and I do love dogs.

have a good weekend

Dale said...

I miss Pete, too.

Lucy said...

Hey Tink,

What a weird couple of days in blogland, eh?

WGFA is so apt. Esp. after the MySpace.

Of course Pete's been missed. I miss his writings... I always looked forward to his opinions, his jesting and his strange way with words. But maybe he was jesting with us last night? I really do believe it's him (OR a close contact/proxy). :-)

I don't know what to do about the Stern article though. It's hard to address an issue through smoke and mirrors, y'know? I do remember now, though, that Stern is not a high journalistic magazine. It's a little bit more on the sensationalist side, as I recall, but not outright tabloid, if my memory serves me. Besides, the interview looked rather dry to me -- not like some off the wall stuff. Anyway, I hope the article's true, but if it's not, I hope I can verify that. Either way, I think I'll just put a big disclaimer on the header...

Hard to tell if Pete was PO'd about it or just jesting... I truly hope the posting didn't offend him.

Who knows!

Lucy said...

P.S. I agree with you, Grace. It would be shameful if all these lovely treasures were going to nothing but hard-hearted (and stinkin' rich) collectors.

I still think there should be a small, quiet, blogger-only auction or something. Someone had suggested a silent auction. Wouldn't that be nice?

I can't argue with the raising money for animals part though. Of course that's great!

I just think the whole thing is apples and oranges. Auction for big bucks vs. something for the fans. Both missions can't realistically be achieved in the same activity.

Lucy said...

P.S. the other thing about the Stern article posting is this:
If it wasn't Pete who posted "I NEVER SAID ANY OF IT!" then that's a true statement.

LOL! Recursion...

Tink said...

Awwww ... hi everyone :o)

I hope, Dale, that things are settling down out your way. God bless you all. I was thinking about how much in $$ the damage to your home would translate to. I think you mentioned somewhere in the 10s of thousands? Jeez. I didn't even make 20,000 last year. Probably not this year, either. I cannot imagine. I looked at the post you made about Beth earlier in the year. I hope you all can hang on to that image as she attempts to come to terms with herself and help repair damages. I know she has had a rough go of it all. But, you know what? Lots of kids have a rough go and make much better choices. You've done well and done your best in teaching your girl there. She now has to decide to take what you've given to her and make better choices, I guess. Love & hope to you.

Grace and Lucy,
I hear you about the auction items! And I hope like heck that the new blog is really Pete's. I still have some doubt there as the title just doesn't seem to "be him." Neither does the photo. However, maybe he has assigned those details to Rachel or someone else, as you note Lucy.

Yeah ... recursion w/o doubt on that! LOL

If it is not PT or anyone associated with him or having been given his blessing, then for shame. Impersonation is unethical, immoral, and maybe illegal!

Hm. How would we all keep a small, blogger auction QUIET? lol I've resisted posting the new blog for many reasons. I'll leave it be for now.

My birthday is this month, and I'm SO excited BECAUSE I gave myself a little gift. I ordered LIFEHOUSE from Eelpie. Couldn't beat the 7.50 price. heh.

My sister came and took all 3 children to the Pumpkin Farm. I finished work early and have 2 hours to myself.

I wonder if they'll give us nice big pumpkins in return for the children.

hahahahaha

:o)

xo

Dale said...

Thank you, Tink.

Love
Dale

grace said...

well Tink..You have a really fantastic Birthday. Will say it now since I don't know the date.

Oh, and yay, Pete's blog, is really Pete's blog. Can you see the real me? can ya? can ya?

take care xoxo

Tink said...

You're welcome, Dale ;o)

Thank you Grace. It's Oct. 8

Yep .. I kin see! lol

Nabonidus said...

Hey Tink!
Just checking in, letting you know I appreciate you! :)xo
And it HAS been a weird few days in blogland, I agree!
Hope you're doing ok... actually, I hope you are doing a lot better than merely "ok." :)

grace said...

where he? where you? I know about 10 people in the past 10 days, friends and family who have birthdays, not including the month of Sept. What was going was going after New years??!!!

hope you are well, that whole picture thing threw me for a loop over at Rachels. got it together, lets hope I can do it again.
Shannon was beautiful. Enjoyed seeing her.

Tink said...

Lisa! Happy to see you out and about. Weirdness all around, no doubt. The earth moving, winds swirling, storms brewing, volcano tops exploding. Hm. Lots of action in earth and stars. I think we feel it in our bodies and in our psyches, moreso than ever before. Hold on tight because there's more to come, I think.

We're doing fair to medium. Thanks for asking! ;o) I was watching coverage of the LaJolla landslide/sinkhole and remembering driving in those areas when living in SanDiego. Yikes.

Grace! Your photos of the girls are lovely, as always. I think my parents had a rockin' Holiday season near the end of 1955. lol Late post-war baby boom action? :o)

Have a great end of week. 3-day weekend coming, though I still work the weekends. It will be nice to have a Monday off!

xo

Vallypee said...

Hi Tink
Just popped in to say hi. Your birthday huh? Well, I hope it's a grand one and that you give yourself a whole day of a present...or a whole present of a day...hmmm...er you know what I mean.

Funny to read all the comments about Pete's blog or not blog. I am a big Pete and the Who fan, but have not really followed his blogs or In the Attic or Rachel's blog either, so I'm in the dark about all this excitement. I do approve the auction idea though. Wonderful ways to help ease the suffering of the ill treated, whether they be animal or human. Sadly, the rich are those who can give the most, so they will probably win all, but then the upside of that is that it's more for our furry friends ;-)

You've said some good things on dear Dale's issues. Bless you.

Tink said...

Hello Vally!
So kind of you to drop in! Thank you for the birthday wishes. lol .. yes, the whole day is a present; presently we'll be celebrating! Good one. ;o)

Yes, what you say is true. More for our furry friends! Excellent way to look at it.

I'll be by again soon. Sorry that I've not visited your place in while. I'll bring dessert!

God bless Dale and keep her in his wingfold, because she's sure got her hands full out there!

You're a sweet and dear woman. Thank you.

xo Tink

ROB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINK ! ! !

Rob

grace said...

Hi Tink!

Tink said...

Wow! Thanks ROB - Just think - a Federal Holiday tomorrow. Thanks Junior! hahahaha. :o)

Hi GRACE!

lol

Lucy said...

Happy Bday, fellow Libra Tink!

(tomorrow, is it? Monday the 8th?)

My son just turned 10 last week (on the 2nd)...

Mine's next Saturday... (probably the reason I've been in such a funk lately)

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y one day early...

Tink said...

Thanks Lucy! Happy B-day to your son!!!

You are a 13! That's quite cool.

At this point, at 51, there's not much to do but try to let it all roll downhill. Much like my fanny.

:o)

PDBT said...

u do make me laugh, Tink, I 'll give you that.
I ony say Hippo Birdie to those I care about ( I think Birthdays are overdone and overrrated). 51! I never would have guessed, maybe that;s why we get on becuas my older sis is 50 (11 years older than me), you could be my other sis.

I miss PaPa Pete too, but, whatchagonnado? He deserves a break from all the freakazoids who were on his blog arguing and telling each other off and what is acceptable and blog police and yadda yadda yadda. I know he wanted input on the autobio and everything but he really must have just sat back and shaken his head and laughed at us quite a bit...

I enjoyed myself but there were many parts where I just had to take a break from those who felt entitled to speak their mind no matter who they hurt in the process.

The Ebay thing has been fun to watch in the mean time. PaPa will be back. He cannot abandon the faithful... he knows he loves it!

ROCK ON YOUNG TINK!!!

Hippo Birdie!

-Lin

Tink said...

Aww Lin ... thank you! Yeah ... the blog police/Nanny Patrol appeared almost immediately on the Wire. lol I can't stand blog police like that because it gives the blog "owner" zero credit for having enough sense or ability to manage things. I find it insulting and not endearing at all.

PaPa Pete. Now *that* is precious. ;o)

You have much wisdom for a young 'un!

xo Tink

Lucy said...

Well... I always felt I commented too much... I'd get on this roll where I couldn't stop!

I admire the people who have some self-control.

So with Pete's next blog (should I be so lucky as to be posting ever again), I will be a bit more demure. Restrain myself. Just a little.... ;-)

What's exciting is the prospect that it might be truly private (i.e., fans only -- not the public/media etc...) If he does it by registration, he'll have tight control over who stays and who gets booted out. That would be good. I'm sure he was even more annoyed than some of us were over the silly, TRIVIAL stories that made the so-called "news" on the internet. Pulled straight from his blog. Morons.

Tink said...

Lucy ... I always LOVED your posts. And, frankly, I think Pete did too. Of course, that's presumptous .. but a hunch. Don't you think that Pete would have commented or deleted or *something* if he thought things were outta hand? He did, indeed, step in and delete a few posts that were ugly!

Keeping the nosy gossipmongers of media out would be a great thing. I'll bet it will be a feature accessible by those who subscribe to the new The Who website. I hope this is one I can afford!

Later, 'tater!