9/1/07

See You In September


Ahhhh .... September is here!

The song below is an oldie that is loved by some, hated by others (like many things) :o) "See You In September" by The Happenings. It's not the greatest song in the world, but I loved it in the summers of my youth because "see you in September" evoked all the images that I love about Fall, rather than mooning over some crush who was away on summer vacation. It's hopeful, fun, and anticipatory! I still like the harmonies of the "The Happenings" very much. I'm not even sure that they had any other hits, but every so often ... I get a hankering to listen. So I do. This video has the weirdest compilation of Japanese or Polynesian landscapes set to the song. It cracked me up.

I know September is not a pleasant month to remember for many of us. But, as we go on in life despite trauma and tragedy, I think it's important to remember the things that make us smile. So, coming up soon will be a post about all things I love about Fall. And why! Maybe you'll remember the song. Maybe not. Maybe you like it. Maybe not. It's certainly NOT the Who. lol But, it still makes me smile.

15 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi TiNk! Once again, I LOVE your blog.

I LOVE that song -- hadn't heard it in AGES. (I'm a sucker for corny music... even though I hate most 50s/early 60s music .. well, OK hate's too strong a word...)

Anyway, yeah -- funny about that Hawaiian connection. OK!

I love the foliage though... I recognized some hydrangea (I believe) and some rhododendron, and I BELIEVE possibly some lavendar (at the beginning?) I LOVE lavendar!

I know exactly what you mean about summer/fall. Summer's often been a depressing time for me in my life. Fall refreshes. Romance seems more natural in the fall/winter as well. Don't know why.

Back to that video. Something about it reminds me of Disney of yore. The late 50s, 60s... OK, I guess I did like that period (as far as TV shows go, anyway)... Reminds me "The Wonderful World of Disney." Probably coz of the possible Polynesian connection. LOL

(I did work at WDW for a while!)

Anyway (again)... always fun to talk to you. One day we'll have to exchange emails. Interesting too about the autism/God connection. I have a story to tell you someday (about a late cousin of mine)...

- Lucy.

Lucy said...

P.S.

I also love EWF's September! (another sucker song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5iW79VQZig

P.P.S. Where's Pete's new website. It's SEPTEMBER! LOL

Tink said...

Awwwww Lucy .... you're always so thoughtful!

I know ... in spots, the foliage looks to be waving "bye-bye, so long, farewell, bye-bye, so long." heh. Yes, that windmill and floral display was surely a Disney touch. I'm pretty sure that was lavender.

You worked WDW? Cool! I know so much now is marketing/PR/shlock. But, I love so many things about Walt Disney, his visions, his dreams.

I would LOVE to hear your story about Autism/God connections!

Listened to the EWF u tube. That was a great song. I read your post while listening and could "see" you frolicking in the fields, dog in tow! Are you still picking grass bits from your clothes? :o)

School morning! Have to run, run, run!

xo

p.s. PETE! Wherefore art thou?

Lucy said...

Yeah, I worked at WDW for 2 1/2 years in the late 80s. It was fun for a while but got old fast! Met some great people there, though...

Have you read the Walt Disney bio? (by Bob Thomas)... (I'm sure there are a few bios)... anyway, that reminds me, I may need to add it to my Library Thing. (unless I did already, and forgot!)

Maybe I'll blog about my late autisic cousin one day soon.... it's too much to go into right now...

All the best to you and the kids during this busy back to school week!

- Lucy.

Dale said...

I think there is no such thing as bad music...
I just like some music/songs better than others.

This song stirs up memories for me that are quite pleasant.

And yes, the scenery shots were quite funny!
Rather odd.

LOL
As far as marriage goes, Tink...

grace said...

I like September, it is my birthday, and my twin, and my Dad's birthday - who would have been 78 this week. And my second Mom will be 93!! She 'looked after' me after my Mom passed away 2001. It is a Virgo month.

zoeentwistle said...

I for one love September. It is the cusp between summer and fall. The days are still warm but the nights are cooler. One of my favorite times of the year.

The only sad part about it for me is that I have to start getting ready for my turtle Tortellini to hibernate.

Have a wonderful September Tink!

XO
Zoe

ROB said...

Thanks Tink.
At a time in life when I'm constantly feeling I'm getting old and becoming out of the loop, this song cheered me up. I can honestly say I've never heard the song or the band that plays it. Therefore, there is someone out there (you guys) who are perhaps still looking at me as a young punk. What a wonderful feeling! Furthermore, the thought of September coming still has a negative feeling for me. It reminds me of summer vacation ending and the horrors of another year of school starting up.

grace said...

Hi!! Thanks so much for the B-day wishes!!

xx

grace said...

oh, and I've tagged you.

Tink said...

ono. i've been tagged. Species: unknown. Mermaidia berrabloggia ? :o)

Oh Rob ... lol ! You're like the local lads who call me "M'aam." It's cute but reminds me how OLD I am. Now, you're still young and out of the loop! (just kidding.)

You know what? I think Rob, you, could *be* much like Phil Hendrie. Of course, I don't know if you can do impressions/impersonations, but your wit is very quick, often subtle, and sometimes outrageous. Thanks for that! It's a gift, i think.

Now, let's see ... I believe you wrote that you're in So. Cal. So, if I remember Sept. when I lived in San Diego, I'm thinking Santa Ana winds? Correct? ew. So, I sympathize with you.

No more pencils, no more books!

No more teacher's dirty looks!

There. Feel a little better? ;o)

xo !

Gracie, have a wonderful birthday. You are beautiful.

Zoe, I left a note about us thinking of getting one of those little red slider turtles. Your Tortellini is so adorable and I know you'll miss her in hibernation. But, you've got lots of other little ones to look after! ;o)

ACK! gotta run ... burning a meatloaf at present...
xo

Tink said...

Oh Dale! sorry .. didn't mean to leave you out. I had to pull the meat outta the oven. Sheesh. I usually don't burn stuff. Dale, I can't imagine how beautiful it is in your neck of the woods/mountains ... ala Canada in Autumn. The colors must be spectacular.

Well, Grace tagged me. So, I'll have to get another post up soon.

be back later!

xo

Lucy said...

As I was driving to Columbus for a meeting today (along a lovely winding, hilly, river road), there were actually some "fall leaves" that flew down upon my windshield.

A lovely, long-missed and refreshing experience. "It's all too byootiful...." (been listening to The Small Faces today)

Mike S said...

Tink!I loved the way your pineapple
shrimp pizza sounds! I bet it
was absolutely scrumptious.

Ironically,I didnt see your
post on my blog until I named
my shrimp pizza as a random
number two haha!

Matter of fact,I like a dash
of Louisiana hot sauce as
well!Lately,I've been ordering
antipasta/o and taking the red
raw onions and pepperoncinis
and laying them ontop of the
shrimp pizza.I'm gaining
weight just thinking about
it!

I will have to get on my
brother's computer in the
other room to check out
the video as he has DSL.

I have never made a homemade
pizza but I'm thinking it
might be fun to try :)

Tink said...

Lucy, sounds like it was glorious!

Mike lol okay. I'll take the red onion clue, but I'll have to pass the peppers. Makes me pass other things. heh. Enjoy the tune, if you get to listen.

Homemade pizza is good, but you just can't get the crusts like they come from those huge hot ovens. The dough is simple if you buy the little package of mix near the pizza/spaghetti aisle. Everything else is simple, according to what your tastes are. Just spoon the sauce on, add your fixin's, and bake it.

It's a fun thing for me. I love to cook and bake!

Have a great weekend to you both!

xo Tink