3/17/08

Top 'O The Mornin'



This is what they do in Chicago every St. Paddy's Day. I forget how many pounds of dye are used to make the river a brighter green than usual. haha. When I was a young woman, it was *the* thing to do ... particpate in some wild, drunken parade festival and see the green river. We, from the near south side suburbs of Chicago, called it "going downtown." It was a big whoop-dee-doo. I actually worked in "downtown" Chicago for a number of years. It really and truly is well named as the "Windy City." It's like a perpetual wind tunnel. Lovely lakefront, though.

HAPPY SAINT PADDY'S DAY TO YE!

Yes, Tink and Family have a wee bit 'o Leprechaun DNA. Grandma was a Grady, methinks from County Mayo. I hope everyone finds their own Pot of Gold today. Maybe it'll be a kind word or other action from someone. Maybe it will be a wee win on the lottery. Maybe it will be the day that you find true love. Maybe the day that you remember God. Maybe the day that you have everything go right and maybe it will be a good hair day. No matter what kind of day ... just remember ...

EVERYONE is Irish on St. Paddy's Day!

7 comments:

Lucy said...

That picture is sooo.... BRIGHT. So VERDANT. LOL

Thanks for the well-wishes today, tink. I suppose things are all right this week. There are worse things in the world.

I heard things aren't so good for your brother now. I'm deeply sorry to hear this.

Sending love and peace and green your way......

- Lucy.

Lucy said...

P.S. Love your little Erin Go Bragh mp3 song! My nieces do step dancing. Ah, Love it!

I may just get one o' them players. My most recent MP3 widget didn't work. Need to try a new one....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tink said...

Awwww ... thanks Lucy for the good thoughts for my brother. Much appreciated. Glad your doing a little better in this time of inner turmoil. Wish I could just *poof* and make a decision for you, but I can't.

I had been searching for a widget that worked. You can get this one at odeo.com for free.

I love it ... spammed and hugged by an LCD TV. LOL Your mutual hilariously syntax is for to be laughable in my forever. But - no, I won't visit for there. Unless you pay me a lot of American dollars. :o)

Tink said...

Oops .. make that "you're" doing a little better. I hate that typo: your, you're. their, there, they're. :o)

babelfish love it, would.

grace said...

Hi Tink, Happy St Paddys' to you to. Glad you liked my Juney video. She is a wild one!
I love the colour of the water in the picture, soo emerald! wow.

have a good week

xox

Lucy said...

LOL @ tink's comments over the TV blog spammer!

Truly. (truely?)