3/22/09

Gifts of Spring


In the Wonder Bowl hub-bub ... I plum forgot to wish you Happy Spring! We've now spotted 8 robins, peek-a-boo hints of impending crocus, and the ubiquitous sounds of thumping bass from neighboring houses. ::sigh:: An acquaintance in Rhode Island snapped this Orchid. Look carefully in the center and you will find a little Fairy Mermaid hiding within. Cool. :o)




Added 3/23: If you can't see the little fairy mermaid, I circled it in paint program here:

14 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL, Tink! I saw her! The fairy mermaid.

And LOL, for a second I thought you had loud fish over there... in a nearby stream.

Too bad.

I know what you mean about the thumping bass (one reason I sorta dread warm, nice weather. Brings out the scum. Must move to a nicer neighborhood. Hopefully sometime before I'm 95.)

I particularly dread crime this summer as our brilliant (Democratic) mayor has cut the police force. He's an IDIOT. (one day I'll blog about him, including a personal encounter story).

I just LOVE coming to your blog, Tink and hearing that Hawaiian Roller Coaster song -- I just LOVE it! I blast it. You need to invite Obama to your blog.

Tink said...

Thanks, Lucy! It's one of the coolest flower photos I've ever seen.

Yeah, that's one sound that gets to me ... thump thump thump ... vibrating the windows, walls, even the floors sometimes! It's nuts. People are SO ..um.. what's the word.. insensitive? No .. rude and uncaring about their actions on others (No, that's a whole sentence) Um, IDIOTS! Yeah, that's a good one, Lucy. lol It would be great if the people next door spend their time fishing ... it would be quiet. lol

Well, it's funny because just the other day I thought about a different song to put up there, but I just love the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride too much. And, yeah! We're on that roller coaster ride with a guv leader who grew up there. So, it's appropros! It's nice that you like it so much. Thanks. :o)

I don't know about B.O. visiting the blog. But, he's welcome to spend that week here. We could take him bowling. Or teach him about spotting fairy mermaids in flowers. lol

Tink said...

p.s. I *knew* you would see her!

:o)

ROB said...

I ain't seeing this Mermaid. Maybe I need to adjust my picture? More contract? More brightness? Surely I could use more brightness! Anyway...happy spring...mermaid or no mermaid.

Tink said...

Aww .. Rob ... she's there! Look in the center of the center flower. Think B52's hairstyle, think Rock Lobster (tail.) Um, I hope you can see her, it's awesome.

She's there ... honest! I'm not just whistling Dixie. Keep looking. Click on the photo to get the WIDE angle view.

Happy Spring. How are the ducks???

Lucy said...

Don't feel bad, Rob. I could NEVER, EVER, EVER get the Magic Eye to work for me.

Not ONCE.

Tink said...

Okay ... do you see the little stick figure in the lightning under "Thunder People" on the right side of the blog there --->

It's sort of a profile, similar to Kokopelli.

!

grace said...

That orchid is beautiful. I never noticed the Fairy Mermaid in the center. How cool. I will have to check next time a see one in person. :)

Happy Spring to you Tink. You wished me one, on my post I believe.

grace said...

She's there Rob....like she is bowing her head.

Tink said...

Hi Grace ... the little fairy mermaid reminded me of you! :o)

I added a circle from Paint program which goes around the figure that appears to be a little teeny tiny fairy mermaid.

ROB said...

OK...I guess I can sort of see somethig. It could be that I don't want to see a fairy mermaid. It kind of has a gay aspect to it that I'm scared of....very homophobic am I. Just the word fairy rubs me the wrong way. Fairy rubs me...oh God! Now I'm really freakin' out. LOL!

As for the ducks...haven't seen the female for two days. Townshend jumped in the pool after the male duck yesterday. See my blog for the long version of the story.

As for you whistling Dixie....I like how you worked the name Dixie in...I whistle Dixie all day....I Wish I was in Dixie...hooray hooray! Inside joke but I think you all get it...well most of you do:)

Lucy said...

LOL, Rob!

And Tink -- yes, I see Lightning Man. He looks like he's jivin'. But he needs to get his head out of the clouds!

Tink said...

lol. Well, I'll guess that fairy is probably a little more scared ]of you, Rob. What'll that Townshend do next? Holy smokes. Yep, you're whistling Dixie. :o)

Yay ... Lucy, you saw him! Yeah, him make big thunder. Look out!

grace said...

u r sweet Tink. :)

U guys rule!!!!!

Get that whistling in for Rob. cool.


Lightning man? lost me there?