3/17/09

Top 'O The Mornin' !




A VERY HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY TO ALL OF YE! I think it's about 1/4 Irish in my DNA. The Grady connection on me mother's side. Not much of a drinker (heavens to Betsy!) but, I remember a couple decades ago, waiting to sample the taste of a draught Guinness. It took a while ... pour, wait, cut foam, pour, wait, cut foam, pour, wait, cut foam, etc. ... lol


I liked the creamy foam sensation, but didn't care for taste of the actual beverage. Very smooth, tho. Very! My tastebuds run much more to the very sweet. Unfortunately. SO, tonight ... we'll feast on a traditional boiled dinner. The kids will turn up their noses at the cabbage and they'll eat corn instead. Saints preserve us. Even if you're not Irish by DNA, today ... everyone is Irish! I wish a pot of gold at the rainbow's end to each of you! Except for Madoff.
Yes, Lucy ... I noted your post and will get over there asap. Did you also notice his initials are B.M. ?

You know what that stands for? Bowel Movement. Seriously. [Aside to the greedy bastards who lost money via the B.M. ... you had more money than you knew what to do with and you still wanted more. Then you lost it because you were greedy. That's a lesson. It stinks more than the B.M., but there it is. Next time, if there is one ... maybe think about giving your excess to those in need who have none. ] [See past post on Chief Elf Stewart] As your mother might probably tell ya, as she grabbed your greedy-pointy little ears ... Put that back in the cookie jar ... save some for others!



9 comments:

grace said...

Hi Tink,

Hope your day was good. Wishing you a bit ole Irish luck!! Is it lucky? hmm?!! lol

Did you know kissing the blarney stone is supposed to give you the gift of the gab? heard that on the radio this morn.

x

Tink said...

Hiya Grace! Hm. I think the wee faeries are playing on your blog! Did you know that I kissed the Blarney Stone back in around 1981? Yep. It's true. I'm a little reserved at first, but yes ... I can gab with the best of the gabbers. I was hoping that kiss would bestow eloquence, but as Spongebob says, it was Opposite Day in Ireland then. :o)

grace said...

hehe, you did kiss the Blarney Stone and you received the gift of gab, eh?
Yes, I feel a little prank was going on at my blog! (that was a cool story) glad you got read it, I can't find it again. And I tried going to another site on Irish folklore and my computer was doing odd things! hmm, strange things happen when talking about fairies and leprechauns. Must have been one of those 'scratch your head' moments?!!

xo

ps: just added a pic of the girls in a clover patch. they looked so, in the Paddy's day moment! Although of course when I took the picture they change their look. never fails!

ROB said...

So did I miss St. Patrick's Day again? Or is it sometime later this week? I am really not keeping up on these holidays too well am I?

Tink said...

Just saw the photo, Grace .. they are so dang cute!

lol Rob ... yup ... today's the day you silly Irish wingnut! March 17th. :o) You must be in love or something ... ;o)

P.S. SORRY IF THE MUSIC PLAYER IS PLAYING BY ITSELF. I TRIED TO GET IT TO DO THAT FOR A YEAR WITH OTHER SONGS, BUT THE LEPRECHAUNS MUST BE AT IT, BECAUSE IT STARTED *ALL* *BY* *ITSELF* DOING THAT TODAY. lol

grace said...

wingnut! love it. Is he out of touch or what?!! lol. love you Rob!!!

see...them fairies and leprechauns are messing with us!!

Lucy said...

HI TINK! (I'm off work today)

Yeah -- I wondered about that self-starting Hawaiian roller song! Cool! How hilarious that it would start up on Leprechaun Day! (you know, I seriously heard talk about leprechauns on one of those late-night radio talk shows (think it was Coast-2-Coast). Some actually believe they exist. Now I have to wonder myself! (Think "Dobby")

LOL

Had to LAUGH at your "Except for Madoff" comment!!

I'm always a day late and a dollar short for St Paddy's Day (i.e., forget to wear the green)... (I got pinched a lot as a kid) (nah, not really, just kidding)

As for my Irishness, I probably have about 1/16 or so. Maybe. Can't help it I'm mostly Anglo-Saxon.

GRACE -- something whacky and leprechaunish happened over on your blog?? I must get over there and check it out in a bit!

- Lucy.

Lucy said...

P.S. Tink -- is Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat good? (Just lookin' at your book list).

Isn't Sacks the same one who wrote that musicophilia book?

Tink said...

I feel like chanting "I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do .. I do .. I do" Cowardly Lion in Oz. hahaha! I do not discount the existence of anything anymore. Seriously. Yes, the wee ones were hijinking all day yesterday!

Oliver Sacks has some really amusing anecdotes; the book is a little "dry" but is a really interesting look into the brain and brain disorders. Yes, he wrote all those cool articles and on "brain worms" and musicophilia. If you haven't seen "Awakenings" with DeNiro and Williams ... you *have* to see it. It was based on Sacks' early work with L-Dopa and its use in sleeping sickness. Awesome flick.

(It's okay ... like Rob said ... he wasn't even sure of the day! lol I bought one of those light-up shamrocks (last week when Walgreen's had 'em for 4 bucks.) Then, forgot to put it up! duh.