From the Dreamscape
6 years ago
Some Poems, some Thoughts, some Yolks. Eggsalad rumbles on the Alchemies of Life: spirit, matter, autism, things that go bump in the Matrix. Honored Mom for THREE exceptional children. "My love is an imperfect thing but it sings." --- Aldo Ventura ---
6 comments:
oh ~ that is good Tink!! LOL
It was pretty funny!
Why isn't there a Council on Men and Boys? Only a Council on Women and Girls? Why not just a Council on People? Breaking down the etymology, the word "council" ends up meaning "To call together." From Kathleen Parker Blog of the Washington Post:
Bring the Boys Along:
The White House Council Obama Forgot
Who's Blogging» Links to this article
By Kathleen Parker
Wednesday, March 18, 2009; Page A13
"With a flick of his pen, President Obama finally laid to rest Freud's most famous question and iterated one of man's hardest-learned lessons: Women want what women want." [I'll add: women get what women want.]
"And the wise man sayeth: "Yes, dear."
".... surely the president can't be ignorant of the fact that boys in this country are in far graver danger than girls in nearly every measurable way."
"...But boys won't be equal to girls if we don't focus some of our resources on their needs and stop advancing the false notion that girls are a special class of people deserving special treatment.
"Whatever imbalances remain should be self-correcting as women and men achieve educational parity, but that's if boys get some help. Indeed, men and women reached educational parity with college graduation rates in 1982. Today, women receive 58 percent of bachelor's degrees and represent half of graduates in medical and law schools."
"Boys, meanwhile, are the ones dropping out of school or being expelled. They're the ones failing, abusing drugs and committing suicide. What kind of men do we expect them to become, assuming they survive?"
Provocative words all around!
Kathleen Parker's thoughts require some thinking by all of us. Hm.
Obama was here in OC yesterday. I saw he put a lot of thought into his March madness NCAA basketball Final Four picks. Glad to know he has so much time to work on such important issues. Hey, I hear quacking outside...gotta go:)
I'm not sure if the Haiwaiian Roller song clashes with or enhances your new Obama cartoon!
LOL
Tink -- about the boys/men. I think there's an epidemic of male joblessness and disempowerment. I have thought this for ages now. It's not healthy for ANY of us. Probably ups the chances for things like homicide/suicide combos.
Time to empower the boys again!
Uh oh Rob ... was that Obama quacking? or the ducks? lol
I suppose if he was doing the hula, the song would fit! lol Does anyone have some cheese??? :o)
I think so, too, Lucy .. I doubt that Nancy Pelosi would allow it, though. Some day, soon, though ... there'll be reckoning for all of us. Hope I can pass the test!
I can't remember despising anyone as much as I despise Nancy Pelosi.
I just may post a video of her that'll be *sure*( to make you fume. (that is, if you're a normal, traditional, working, honest, tax-paying American). Off to YouTube now.........
Post a Comment