Here's an awesome tune done by the Eagles on their album "Long Road Out of Eden." It was actually written in 1972 by J.D. Souther and is called "How Long." Rockin', freakin' fabulous. Reminds me of the feel of "Already Gone." Hope you like it! Adding this one to my list of long-term favorites. I just love the four harmonies on this: Glen Frey, Don Henley, Timothy B. Schmit, and Joe Walsh. I swear their harmonies and looks get better every decade. They must be drinking the Dick Clark water.
How Long
THE LYRICS:
Like a blue bird with his heart removed, lonely as a train
I've run just as far as I can run
If I never see the good old days shinin' in the sun
I'll be doin' fine and then some
How long, how long
Woman will you weep
How long, how long
Rock yourself to sleep
Well I been doin' time in lonesome prison, where the sun don't shine
Just outside, the freedom river runs
Out there in that shiny night, with blood hounds on your mind
Don't you know it's the same sad situation?
How long, how long
Woman will you weep
How long, how long
Rock yourself to sleep
(Joe's instrumental)
Everybody feels alright you know, I heard some poor fool say (Somebody Ooooo)
Everyone is out there on the loose
Well I wish I lived in the land of fools, no one knew my name
But what you get is not quite what you choose
Tell me, how long, how long
Woman will you weep
How long, how long
Rock yourself to sleep
How long, how long (long and drawn out)
Muddy River runs so deep
How long, how long (long and drawn out)
Good night baby, rock yourself to sleep,
Sleep tight baby, rock yourself to sleep,
B-B-B Bye bye baby, Rock yourself to sleep
3/7/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
It DOES sound a bit like "Already Gone" -- you're right! Same feel. Nice and retro. The Eagles remind me so much of my grade school days!! Good ol' times.
Nice vid and lyrics. :-)
P.S. Tink -- and this is totally unrelated -- I've been meaning to tell you that your blogroll thingy hasn't been working for weeks now, causing me to miss some of your new posts. It still says "Geronimo" on my blog!
LOL
I love the video with the music. I find it almost mesmerizing. Lovin' it SO much. Joe Walsh looks and sounds fantastic. They all do, really.
I'll check on that blogroll. Don't know why it's not working. hm. Thanks for letting me know!
xo
Hi Tink
I like this Eagles tune. have heard it before.
LG? I used to live in La Mesa!
Happy spring forward.
oh and was just reading your book list on your blog. I like Carl Jung.
Cool Grace ... I didn't remember (or know) that ... I used to go into LaMesa to a neat kitchen store there for unusual gadgets. I love odd kitchen gadgets and things. Yea .. careful ... Carl Jung can make your head spin. lol But, it's helpful for some indepth questioning. Very cool, Grace! :o)
yeah, he gets ya a thinkin'!
Post a Comment