All 3 baby robins are HERE! 2 more were born last night. It is just amazing. They eat like every 30 minutes during the day, but seem to sleep most of the night.
At first, the father robin was attentive at the nest, but we hadn't seen him for many days. I was worried that something bad happened to him. This morning, he is back and helping gather food for the babies! It's so cool. The Mom and Dad take turns sitting, food gathering, and guarding. We're so happy that all 3 eggs survived to hatchlings. Now, we'll hope for the best in the growing process. It takes about a week for full feathers to grow, then another week before they can venture out of the nest. I'll get as many photo ops as possible! Even cooler, the remaining 2 births occurred while we were out at Sarah's birthday party! So, this morning ... she had the SUPREME happy dance of excitement when viewing all 3 babies. This experience has been incredible, to be able to witness the process SO close and personal! Orion & Sarah think they all look like Einstein and ET. lol Ben just enjoys looking at the nest every so often. So, we have Einstein, E.T., and Melody (Sarah's pick.) :o)
Feed me, Seymour!


9 comments:
How amazing. Those shots are fantastic. I love the names too!
Most definetely keep us posted as they grow and mature. And how cool for your kids to witness aswell.
x
lol .. thanks, Grace. It is awesome. I forgot to mention that the first egg hatched, named by Orion as "Einstein" ... is the egg that had lines, blemishes, and was slightly misshapen. Just goes to show ya ... even an "Einstein" can emerge from what was an atypical egg! :o)
just because our outer shell isn't perfect, doesn't mean we aren't on the inside! :)
Do you have video on your camera? that would be cool. watching them getting fed.
Awww Tink! They are lovely!
What a treat for you all. I think it would be really neat to watch them fledge. It appears they don't have far to fall - not as though they were nesting in a tree.
Your photos are amazing. What a great thing for your three children to witness - 3 eggs for your 3 kids...
lol This is WAY better than TV!
whadya mean "EEE"? that's what they all say :O)
hooray BABY ROBINS!
!!!!
have arrived
on the frontporch no less and
dad's back! flightlog is now complete
(hold the vitalis for Einstein)
lol thanks Dale and Anon ! It has been a very joyful experience. Today, when we came back from bus pick-ups, Ben walked over by the next and said "EEEEE" ... all 3 birds popped up, craned their necks long, and opened up their huge beaks. It was too precious and funny. lol
p.s. Grace ... yes, my digital has that ability to grab short clips, but for some reason it won't play the video portion on my 'puter. Only the sound. I can watch the video on the camera, but it won't work on the computer. I lost my original software CD and in the move between computers, I didn't get the software for this camera loaded. Well, HP no longer makes this model camera, so they don't have the software download avail. on their website. MAJOR BUMMER. :o(I'll keep looking for the CD, it *has* to be somewhere, because it must have come along when we moved.)
oh man, major bummer! darn.
COol shots again, Tink! Here you can see how amazingly well-formed and circular their nest is. What, do they have carpenters for parents? ;-)
Neat that the dad is (was) so helpful. I didn't realize robin dads were. (wonder why, in general, birds are so paternal anyway??) (for survival? I suppose)
Post a Comment