Or would you choose this? On my covered front porch, in my covered tin planter?
Most robins lay 4 eggs, according to the bird sites I've visited. This Mama robin laid 3 eggs. Unusual in itself. On close inspection, 1 of the gorgeous blue eggs has a series of tiny scratches/blemishes and 1 is mildly misshapen from the laying process. The 3 eggs reminded me of my 3 children. 2 boys who are born "out of the box" from typical childhood development. 1 girl who is also slightly "out of the box" with various learning disabilities, but highly gifted in other areas.
Every year at this time (April to May) for the last at least 10 years, Nature has brought birthday gifts to the children here. 4/11, 5/11, and 5/21. Those are the dates of their birthdays. That's 1 diamond and 2 emeralds in the birthstone category . What more could I want for???? lol Most years, each child has had a rainbow or significant cloud formation of some type appear on the day of their birthdays. I think this year, Nature has brought something completely different! My daughter is SO excited, she cannot contain it. The robin laid the eggs over 4-5 days, ending last weekend! We should be hearing 24-hour peeping and cheeping very soon! I will keep you posted with photos if she lets me get close enough without pecking out my eyes. lol
The tin planter holding 3 treasures:


8 comments:
Maybe she felt more protected close to your house as opposed to the beautiful tree! She must know you will protect her eggs for her. :)
sorry for my absence, I see you have alot to catch up on here. I have been working alot. and working this weekend.
Have a great weekend. xo
As I remember your eyes
were bluer than robin's eggs
My poetry was lousy, you said
"Where are you calling from?"
"A booth in the Midwest"
"Diamonds and Rust"
Well, Grace .. yep. She would be right about that! I foolishly moved the table the other day, because of the terrible storms coming through. I was afraid the planter would be swept away. Well, she wouldn't come near the porch. So, I moved it back to where you see it right now in the photo. She came right back. Some things can't be interfered with! Don't you worry about "catching up!" Take it easy and get some rest. xo
Yeah Anon. The voice of Joan Baez is like silk and honey all wrapped up around a burning flag! lol That is a beautiful song. Get this:
...she (Baez) recounted how she told Dylan that the song was actually about her husband David Harris, thereby countering the claim that the song was about Dylan and Baez. Although Dylan is not specifically named in the song, Baez has admitted in her memoir as well as in a number of interviews that he is the inspiration for the song.The following excerpt shows Baez's rendition of this conversation between her and Dylan:
"You gonna sing that song about robin's eggs and diamonds?" Bob had asked me on the first day of rehearsals.
"Which one?"
"You know, that one about blue eyes and diamonds..."
"Oh", I said, "you must mean 'Diamonds And Rust', the song I wrote for my husband, David. I wrote it while he was in prison."
"For your husband?" Bob said.
"Yeah. Who did you think it was about?" I stonewalled.
"Oh, hey, what the f*** do I know?"
"Never mind. Yeah, I'll sing it, if you like."
- Joan Baez, And a Voice to Sing With (1987) lol. I haven't had an e from Bobz in a bit, how 'bout you?
What a beautiful documentation of some beautiful blue robin eggs, in the beautiful and meaningful number of: 3. My mother always says, "All good tings come in threes". So there you have it!
Can't wait to see (hear?) more!
You are so lucky to have a robin take up residence at your residence. Maybe I'll take pics of my front porch and empty birdhouses. But most likely I won't get around to it. :p
Have a great and springy Saturday!
I will catch up when I can, thanx, you are sooo cool Tink! I hope you are feeling better. glad the bird is ok, since you moved it back.
xo
Tink, I always love coming to your blog!
What a fabulous treat for your kids to be able to look forward to the little baby robins! I hope you don't have a cat...
My son, Bobby, has his birthday on May 21, too! He'll be 13 on Thursday. Wish your child a Happy Birthday from us, too!
xx
that's our Pete...one in a million. :)
how are you?
xo
Hiya Lucy, Grace, and Dale!
Yep, Mama Bird is fine and nesting well. No cracks or shaking yet. You never know, Lucy ... I've seen birds still making nests, so don't give up hope!
Oh man Dale... another TEENAGER. One more year to go for us, when Orion will be entering the Land Of Angst. Happy b-day to your Bobby! (no .. we don't have a cat, but I've got my raccoon broom ready. lol)
We're recovering fine, here, Grace. It ends up that I had an undiagnosed strep infection. Am on good old penicillin now and feeling 95% better! It drives me crazy. I must have mentioned no less than *10* times in the ER last week that my children were being treated for strep. Ay yi yi.
:o)
Hope everyone is having a GREAT over the hump day!
xo
Post a Comment