
....for an interesting post!
Enjoy the photo. Lots going on with my family just now. Mom is going through a worsening of congestive heart failure and one brother is in the midst of lung cancer treatment. Kids have the flu. But it's sure nice talking to you, blogger pals, it's been sure nice talking to you (to paraphrase Harry Chapin - another who left a hole somewhere in my heart.) I'm confident that all will be "right" in our little world very soon!
XO - Tink


20 comments:
Aw, Tink....
I'm thinking of you and your loved ones. ...sending out good vibes and offering up prayers.
I'm sorry things are so rough. Just drop me a line anytime, and I'll listen.
Love,
Lucy.
P.S. only just now got your stumped fdvdfdn d/ (oops, that was supposed to say "reference") (my fingers were a line too low on the keyboard. ;-))
Apparently it stumped me.
Awww .. thanks (hug) (((((LUCY))))) Mom's doing much better tonight. Bro is hangin' tough and only one more child to get over the hump. ;o) Lack of sleep can make me morose. Sorry! Thank you for the good vibrations. (you and the Beach Boys.) :o)
lol on the "stumped." I do that more often than I admit. lol
p.s. did you notice the litte "B" for blogger in front of our names now? I feel branded!
Hiya Tink, I love the photo.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sorry about your troubles. Yes, I noticed the B infront of our names, I thought it was something I did!!
take care, xox grace
Oh Tink, I am sorry. At this time of year these things get heavier. I hope things work out for you.
Be well,
P
Aw ... many thanks to you (((((Grace)))) and (((((Paul))))) Big 'ole virtual hugs! In the big picture, I suppose all is as it's supposed to be. ;o) Thank you for the kindness and prayers~
xo
Oh yeah! The "B" ... I think we now are branded as "belonging to" Blooger!
:o)
Geez Tink...I hope everyone gets healthy quick. I'll keep you all in my prayers...I promise.
Interesting you mentioned Harry Chapin. One of my best friends is Harry Chapin's relative. I forget the exact relation but I think Harry Chapin was his uncle or something.
Amen, sister!
You are one who can bear an unbelievable load, Tink, you should share it with others who are strong in your immediate life of friends and family, sometimes I wish I lived next door to you, we would drink lots of tea, discuus the scriptures and soothe each others woes!
Love ya, Lin
oh yeah...
Q#8. I collect...? (Your answer) Dust!
YOU SLAY ME!
The B for Blogger brand apparently has something to do with some upgrades Blogger has done lately. Probably the same upgrades that threw my banner off and chopped off my poor dog's head. I get this update from Blogger Buster that says something like now you can no longer link back to your own blog if you're commenting from outside Blogger. So, yeah -- I think Blogger's asserting its possessiveness.
Tink -- when you first said the blogger with the small B, I thought you were going to say Pete had changed his habit of writing "Blog" to one of writing "blog." LOL
It just cracks me up that he uses the word as a proper noun. I suppose he doesn't miss me not telling him this.
(((( HUGS )))) back at ya and may the little ones be better soon -- and YOU shoo the flu bug away.
And Rob -- wow, cool about your friend being related to Harry Chapin! His Cat's in the Cradle is always getting mistaken for a Cat Stevens song.
My best friend (Brontie) in grade school's dad went to school with Hoyt Axton -- cool songwriter who wrote the Three Dog Night hit: Joy to the World.
What did you bake today, Tink?
Hey -- is this a new Blogger feature? That you can opt to receive follow-up comments by email on any blog post you comment on? (not just comments on your own blog)(or is it just that I never noticed this before? I can be pretty obvlivious at times!) Anyway -- that's a nice feature I'm sure I'll use!!
Thank you, blogger pals, so much for the great support!
BIG HUGS!
Rob, Lin, Lucy Thank you for the prayers and love.
The children are a bit better this morning. A couple doses of antibiotics and time are taking care of business! Daughter will need tonsils out soon, but hoping we can hold off until spring break time. Youngest son has some jaw surgery this week, but it's minor and will be in an oral surgeon's office.
That's very cool Rob I loved so many of Harry's songs, but Taxi is still my all time favorite. I know it's a hard time for you, too, with your Dad being gone now. Mine died 3 days before Christmas 8 years ago. I promise that you'll not forget him, and the memories become sweeter, and the pain does lessen.
Lin Aw... that would be the coolest thing. I would so love to do that, except I'd have to pass on the tea and go for French vanilla coffee. I wouldn't do too well in jolly old England. lol
Lucy You're SO observant! So many things about Pete's writing habits not noticed until you pointed them out. You should be an editor! I loved Hoyt Axton. He also had a most interesting voice! I bet many people don't realize how many "popular" songs he actually wrote. It's a huge amount. Well, we remain cookie-less until after work today. Our cookie baking marathon start was RUDELY! interrupted by doctor's office and pharmacy visits. Just as well, because the kids would have prolly loaded the cookies with not only Way Too Many candies, but germs too. Now, they'll have 24 hours antiobiotics and feel much more like decorating! We will start with basic butter and sugar cookie rollouts in assorted Christmas shapes, then iced and decorated. One of my special cookies is Black & Whites (NY deli style.) They are very time-consuming, so will make only a dozen tonight. Then we do mini pecan cups and chocolate chip. If I have time later in the week, will do apricot kolachkes.
I'm not sure what that blooger feature is??? Will have to try it out!
Thank you all, again, for the loving support. Have to run .. doing 7-3 shift today!
XO
Hi ya Tink, thinking of you this evening. Hope all is well.
xox
Hi (((((Grace)))))))))
Gosh ... thought I had left you a note last night. I don't know what happened to it! Weird.
Yes, thank you ... very sweet of you, Grace. Things are much much better.
xo
All the love I can muster is being sent your way.
Hoping the best for your Holiday Season.
Although I am stumped for words regarding your situation.
God Bless
♥
Dale
i do believe...
So sorry to hear about the illness in your family. It's hard, I know.
Blogging IS a good respite.
I hope they all heal soon.
(Sorry to be late in posting).
Take care,
Suexxx
Awww... thanks to (((((Dale and Sue))))))) Things are hard for so many. We're hangin' tough! Amen. ;o)
xo
Post a Comment