12/1/07

December Alights


HAIKU

White Floating Feathers,
Silver Reflection Glimmers,
Powder Puffs of Snow


@tink2006
(Nasa photo Moon/Venus - December sky)



15 comments:

Lucy said...

I love your poem, tink. Everything in it is either white or light. And the blog title "December alights" -- fits the poem as well.

I want to tell you about a new movie my sister just told me about (she figured I'd like it, said it was good):

August Rush. About an 11-year old orphaned musical prodigy.

I'm gonna try to see it next weekend.

I like how more movies are coming out PG again, like they used to. There seem to be fewer PG-13 ones now. Refreshing.

Have a good week!
- Lucy.

Lucy said...

P.S. your new banner is giving me the MUNCHIES! (I'd rather eat a Gingerbread man than a pencil) (or so *MY* CC says)

Tink said...

There's "our" Eternal Lucy! Thanks. It was a quick haiku that came to mind one day. I think it was a blazing hot, humid day and one of the only times I wished for the cold. August Rush sounds right up my alley! I'll look for it.

CC eh? I think PT should call that infernal one C.C. Rider. :o) Bite they little heads and nibble they tiny feet!

Tink said...

oh .. btw! That line was paraphrased from a B. Kliban cartoon cat who was singing the praises of eating little mousies.

http://www.eatmousies.com/scrapboook1.html

zoeentwistle said...

That is beautiful Tink! It makes me want to see a little snow about now.

XO
Zoe

Tink said...

Aw. Thanks Zoe Looks like snow heading toward the midwest and northeast, pushed off the storm that battered the northwest. I enjoy the "first snowfall" of the season, and a little blanket of it on Christmas Eve is sweet. After that, I long for clear weather and sunny skies. :o)

xo Tink

Dale said...

Is that not a graveyard?

PDBT said...

I love this photo, I love cold clear nights like that, I take mny dog to the golf course nearby I lay on the ground and just stare up at the stars and sky...

AWESOME
I want snow!!!!!
Just bought new snowboarding pants last night in anticipation of hitting the slopes with my friend Mike and my board. We are fantastic boarding partners with equal skill and tolerances for cold...

Can't wait!

-Lin

grace said...

beeaauutiful!!

ROB said...

Snow? What is snow? Do you know I have never actually witnessed snow falling from the sky in my life. It's true. I've seen it on the ground in the mountains but that's about it. It doesn't snow here...Ever.

Kind of sad huh?

Tink said...

You are correct, Dale! While this photo is an interesting reflection of the "winter" of our lives .... it also is nice to observe the quiet stillness of graveyards. I can't imagine them being any other way. Still. Quiet. A little on the dead side. :o)

I figured you and Lin would find the Winter scene right up your alley! Skier that you are and snowboarder that Lin is!

Grace I don't know if you get much chance of seeing snow where you're at, but I'll bet the girls would love a romp in it!

Aw poor Rob ... well, I hope you get the chance to see it coming down at least once in your life. Personally, I really hate winter and long for the climate of Southern California. (lived near San Diego years ago.) But, seeing as how I'm a little bit stuck in a snowbelt area, I'll just enjoy it for what it is and experience the joy of it thru my daughter who LOVES snow. :o)

xo

Dale said...

Not to mention the "midnight" of our souls...

:)

Tink said...

Yes Dale Indeed! Um, let's see ... the "shadow" of your smile, the "dark" before the dawn, the "winter" of our discontent, the .. the ... oh heck! You add some! :oD

XO and {{{{{{{{{{HUGS DALE}}}}}}}}} :o)

Lucy said...

Rob, you poor thing!

I'm so glad I moved to Ohio 15 years ago (from New Orleans). I haven't looked back since.

(Note: it DID snow in New Orleans a few times in my life - about once a decade).

Guess what, Tink? I just got finished baking FOUR pumpkin pies, made from scratch (fresh pumpkin). (store-bought pie shells though).

Would you like a slice? With vanilla ice cream or whipped cream?

Later!
-E.L.

Tink said...

Oh boy, Eternal Lucy! E.L. hehe!

I really could do w/o the snow and ice. Lived in Florida for 5 years and then the S.W. for about 2 more. I didn't miss it. (well .. the first Christmas in Florida, I missed it a little.) YUM! Yes .. I'd like a large slab with whipped cream. Too funny. I was going to bake those pumpkin cookies this weekend but ran out of time! It's on the list for Christmas Cookie baking days, however!

Did you get to see August Rush? If so, put up a Lucy Review!

xo