1/15/06

Sago

Working in the coal mine
Going down down down
Working in the coal mine
Whoop I wanna sit down
refrain

Five o'clock in the morning
I'm already up and gone
Lord I'm so tired
How long can this go on
refrain

Cause I work every morning
Hauling coal by the ton,
But when saturday rolls around
I'm too tired to have any fun
refrain
Spoken: Lord, I'm so tired. How long can this go on?
----lee dorsey


Memorial service held for mine victims West Virginia ceremony remembers '12 more angels'

Sunday, January 15, 2006 Posted: 2316 GMT (0716 HKT)
CNN.com
MINERS KILLED
-Thomas P. Anderson, 39
-Alva Martin Bennett, 51
-Jim Bennett, 61
-Jerry Groves, 56
-George Hamner Jr., 54
-Terry Helms, 50
-Jesse L. Jones, 44
-David Lewis, 28
-Martin Toler, 51
-Fred Ware Jr., 58
-Jack Weaver, 51
-Marshall Winans, 50

BUCKHANNON, West Virginia (AP) --
The 12 Sago miners who died together beneath the West Virginia hills were remembered Sunday as men who loved their families, God, NASCAR and a good laugh.
More ribbons were tied to trees and light poles, and sheets that had been spray-painted with the words: "God bless Sago miners" hung from windows of a nearby dormitory.

David Blevins made the trip from his home in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, to honor the miners Sunday. His own father had been among 13 miners killed in a 2001 mine explosion and fire in Alabama.

"We know exactly what they're going through, what they're feeling and what they will be feeling," Blevins said. "Grief, agony and very angry. And I'm sure hate will go through their hearts. It will take time for that to heal."


Well, a lot of things have changed since way back then
And it's so good to be back home again
Not much left but the floor
Nothing lives here anymore
Except the mem'ries of a coal miner's daughter.
----l. lynn

No comments: