
When Ben was 2 years old, we sat together one day at the computer. John Denver's song "Poems, Prayers, Promises" popped into my head. Then, this little bit of "poem" came to my fingertips:
I heard a song once.
Talked about “poems and prayers and promises."
And "things that we believe in."
You might know it, you might have heard it.
A springy thump jumpstarts my heart at the sound of it.
Don’t know the why of it.
Can’t fathom the what of it.
I just know the feel of it.
I think hope is the core of it.
Maybe this is it.
Funny what gets under your skin,
Isn’t it?
[tink 2001]
Just now, this quote popped into my mind:
"Fall seven times, Stand Up eight"
--Japanese Proverb
and then this One:
"Silently one by one,
in the infinite meadows of heaven
Blossomed the lovely stars,
the forget-me-nots of the angels."
-- Longfellow.
Ben has always loved balloons. When he needs to touch one, nothing has ever stopped him from trying to reach that balloon. Today just reminded me of that. Ben and his beloved balloons.


No comments:
Post a Comment