

Somewhere In My Broken Heart
Billy Dean
You made up your mind It was time it was over
You made up your mind It was time it was over
After we had come so far.
I think there's enough pieces Of forgiveness
Somewhere in my broken heart.
I would not have chosen The road you have taken,
I would not have chosen The road you have taken,
It has left us miles apart.
I think I can still find The will to keep going,
Somewhere in my broken heart.
So goodbye, go ahead and fight it
So goodbye, go ahead and fight it
Till you find out who you are,
And I, I will keep my love unspoken
Somewhere in my broken heart.
I hope that in time you will find What you long for,
I hope that in time you will find What you long for,
Love that's written in the stars.
When you finally do, I think you will see it
Somewhere in my broken heart.
UPDATE!!!!
We found the stone! Ben had it "hidden" :o)
The scans above show a marble heart-shaped stone found in New Mexico, somewhere between Albuquerque & Tucumcari, in the Fall of 1996. I had the stone for nearly 7 years before I discovered the images etched into the marble veins. Freaky, hm?
The surface is highly polished and quite beautiful, dressed in nature's palette of hushed pink & green hues. However, a full circumference fracture line disturbs the tranquility.
Maybe it adds character or indicates a Velveteen Rabbit allegorical twist. Seemingly, a mirrored echo of my own heart, equally blessed and broken.
I originally chose this illustration for the ramble on "Illusion" written in 2002.
Addition: To me, the image in this stone represents a Father and Son symbiosis. I hope this makes the Dean song a littler clearer. Of course, the song has many-layered meanings ---- but the first time I saw the image in the stone, it reminded me of my youngest son Ben who is deeply autistic and does not speak.
There is a claw or even a "fish" that seems to be surrounding the baby's throat. Indicating something that would prevent voice communication. Maybe it's part of that shadow aspect of the feminine we tend to deny. I see "fish" because it associates to me with the Ocean ... the primordial chthonic of the feminine soup of creation. Creation is not always beautiful. It can be painful as old wounds are pierced and then healed.
Maybe not. Maybe something more sinister. People who have viewed the image see many different things which is cool; that's the way our inner table works. Just above the "sleeping child" is the bearded face of what looks to me a "fatherly" projection. Maybe asleep, maybe soothing the child. Either way --- it projects to me a time of waiting for People to awaken to the need for a reunification. The deep fracture line around and into the heart speaks to me of a fracture in the psyche of Humanity; and that is loss and degradation of the Father and fatherly structure in our World.


No comments:
Post a Comment